Monday, August 16, 2010

Survey Results - Do You Decorate The Inside Of Your Cards?

Thanks to everyone who participated in our survey about whether you decorate the inside of your cards.  The results are in!

The question was: 

Do You Decorate The Inside Of Your Cards?


While the majority of votes was for rarely, we got quite a lot of comments from the people who do decorate the inside of their cards on how they do it...

With stamping and patterned paper

If I do (not very often) I layer a couple of pieces of card to write on and add something from the front, like a stamped image or a strip of card or DSP, or even some ribbon!

Place a lighter card inside to write on, add a border and if possible, an image that matches the front of the card.

I usually use a plain white or vanilla cardstock, whichever matches my card and then add a sentiment. I also stamp the same image, or similar, that I have used on the front of my card in the bottom corner.

I always add a paper insert to make it easier to write a message in the card. Also handy if you make a spelling mistake, easier to rip out the insert than start all over with the card. The insert also helps cover the backs of brads or ribbon ends that may be showing. Occasionally I will 'decorate' the insert but mostly I leave it blank.

Using some of the same elements used on the front of the card. I keep it simple so the giver has a place to write. Many times I put the sentiment on the inside.

always with the stamp that i am using on the front of the card, or something near.

Usually one related stamp in a corner. Sometimes some patterned paper or solid paper with fancy corners.

Matching dsp, buttons, chip, etc.

Small picture stamp, saying a small verse!

With coordinating stamps or punched images.

Flowers and or stickers and bling/pearls

More stamps and gel pens ;)

Use the front image within the inside or use a matching dsp.

If I do it is usually a top note die run through in a lighter coordinating colour

Minimal, usually just a strip of matching pattern paper or small embellishments like buttons or rhinestones in one corner. depends on the occasion :)

With stamping

A stamp in the bottom corner, a scallop border along the bottom in the same patterned paper used on the front.

Sentiments and Flower Stamps

Replicate some of the same from the front of the card. Different each time.

2 Layers of cs in same colours used on front of card and then a little stamping in the bottom right and top left corner usually and sometimes a greeting in the centre. Very boring really.

I only do 'special occasion cards and then I stamp off the image I am using on the front onto card to place inside. I don't usually colour the inside.

Matching DSP or stamp

A little bit of stamping, if its on colour cardstock then I use a Versamark stamp pad.

Layer with another colour of card and stamp a matching image.

Usually add white card if the base card is a dark colour. Try to add some part of the main image and a stip of other card featured.

With a Neutral mat, and some basic stamping, or maybe a strip of DSP across the bottom...

I base the inside on the outside. I will use the same images and colours or the same patterned paper

Stamp a verse and a coordinating design with the front. Sometimes ribbon.

As I sell most of my cards at a craft fair I keep them very simple. If I have used whisper white or Very Vanilla for the card Ieave it that colour, but if I have used coloured card then I put a sheet of Whisper White or Very Vanilla on the inside. Then I usually use the stamp I have on the front and either put it in the corner or stamp it several times along the side or bottom of the card. I also repeat this on the envelope so everything matches. Simple but very effective.

I generally add a strip of DSP that I have used on the front or some stamping in the corners.

A piece of whisper white or very vanilla cardstock stamped with a sentiment or a design following the theme on the front

I love coordinating the inside with the colours and images from the front--usually a small matching element from the same stamp set. Often a little something in the bottom right corner. http://nanceleedy.blogspot.com/

White cardstock and a small stamp in the bottom right corner

Sometimes with a strip of matching DSP or a small stamp that matches the front. I always put a piece of card to write on and sometimes layers this to match any layering on the front of the card.

Simple insert

A sentiment, a stamp that complements the card front, and sometimes edge punches, depends on the card.

Sponging and a coordinating stamp to external design

Smaller stamped image on the inside left from the same set as main.

To match the front...

Because it follows the theme through and adds a huge impact..... I love it. Plus I am know for doing it
:) Teneale Williams

I always put a decorative cut of white reflex paper inside for people to write their message and occasionally I might put a flower or something to match the card on that sheet.


We hope you get some ideas for the inside of your cards!  Do you have a topic that you'd like to see surveyed?  Leave a comment with your suggestion and we'll get on to it.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment